Friday, April 18, 2008

Gratin, a simple one

Wanted to try the new ramekins I just bought. So I baked a simple corn and beef gratin. I'm so lazy to write the recipe but here's how to make it:

1) Saute ground beef, sliced onions and kernel corn with butter. Add dry oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2) For the white sauce, melt butter, add flour, stir well. Slowly add milk, stir constantly to avoid lumps. Cook until the sauce thick (can add chicken stock for more taste or simply use campbell soup).
3) Mixed the sauted ingredients with the white sauce and fill into ramekins or oven-safe dish. Top with bread crumbs (and shredded cheese as you wish).
4) Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes

I'm pretty sure you could google for better recipe to make gratin. This one works for me. At least my housemate likes it :P

No comments: