Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Cleaning

When I was in the Methodist Girls Secondary School yearssss back in Malaysia I wasn't quite sure why do we have school 'spring cleaning' when we don't actually have a spring season over there. We washed the floor, re-painted the wall, re-arranged the chairs and tables, re-decorated the class, etc etc. Now that I'm living in the part of the world where the climate change is so extreme, spring cleaning makes more sense to me. When it's getting warmer now, I started to re-organize the wardrobe, sorting the suitable cloths to wear, repacking the shoes that might no be useful anymore (even donated some of those to the Goodwill), apparently I actually done some of my spring cleaning. Yeah it makes more sense to me now. But then when it comes to the food, while I'm thinking of making more room in the freezer for icecream, throwing out some molded left over, buying more meat for outdoor grilling etc, I also thought that I shouldn't waste what's still good in there. So I decided to optimally cook whatever I have in the fridge before buying new stuffs as one of my smart spring cleaning strategies.

So the photos are some crab balls I pulled out from the fridge. Sauted them with sesame oil, sweet and sour sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger root. Added some raisins to bring on more sweetness in the taste.

No comments: